Aquatica Beefs Reef Wojtek's Reef
Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: TDS Numbers

Real Name
    Grumpy

TDS Numbers

Ok, so I'm using tap water for my systems and just don't see what the big deal is about TDS numbers. I mean, I had my tap water tested and it's 209 straight from the faucet BIG DEAL!!! My algae is growing great and my corals look just fine................................

Just Kidding Just Kidding............
    Tap water is 209, after my membranes it's 2-3 (switching) into the DI, after the DI is Zero. Membranes starting to go? I did change out all my pre-filters and carbon blocks, I also replaced the DI resin (YES I RAN THE SYSTEM TO FLUSH IT 30 MINS) since I am not going to go through a disaster again. Numbers OK? or should I get some new membranes?

Real Name
    Nate
    Quote Originally Posted by Emisis View Post
    Ok, so I'm using tap water for my systems and just don't see what the big deal is about TDS numbers. I mean, I had my tap water tested and it's 209 straight from the faucet BIG DEAL!!! My algae is growing great and my corals look just fine................................

Just Kidding Just Kidding............
    Tap water is 209, after my membranes it's 2-3 (switching) into the DI, after the DI is Zero. Membranes starting to go? I did change out all my pre-filters and carbon blocks, I also replaced the DI resin (YES I RAN THE SYSTEM TO FLUSH IT 30 MINS) since I am not going to go through a disaster again. Numbers OK? or should I get some new membranes?

I ususally get 3-4 into the DI and 0 out. My tap over scales my tds meter, si I doub't I could do much better. I think you're fine. Just change DI again when it goes above 0. IMHO anyway.

Real Name
    Grumpy
    I guess (know) I never knew what the TDS coming out of the membranes was or was supposed to be. Just hooked up the meter to it (that I have had since Christmas) because my RODI output was 1. I wanted to see the input into the DI (go figure ...the reason you bought the meter dipsh*t) to monitor membranes. When then are the membranes considered "exhausted" more than the 2-3 in to the DI?

Blog Entries
    after the system has been running for a bit i get 1tds out of membrane.how old is the first membrane bc didnt u just get water saver add on for unit?