SynergyReef The Candy Shop Reefwise
Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Real Name
    Nate

*Contest* Become the first official CLR Equipment Tester with a new LED Light!

Happy Friday Reefers. One of the goals here on CLR is to develop a trustworthy and locally sourced database of equipment reviews and opinions. Pros and Cons, the opinion of reefers you know and trust goes a lot further than a bunch of Google Yahoos when you are considering a new toy, I mean "investment". This is a great place for us all to keep and access those opinions. The best way to start is to give you as many new toys to play with as possible. Our first item is pretty exciting. We have a brand new Coral Compulsion 40W PAR38 LED 22K SUPERBLU FULL SPECTRUM REEF LIGHT (click the link for full details). We're giving this away to one of our Colony level members, but there is a catch; If you win the equipment you have to agree to do an initial and 6mos write up on your impressions and the performance of it.

You get to keep the LED, all we ask is some reviews as you use it!!

For this first round the requirements for entry are:
    1. Open to all Colony Level Members
    2. Tell us on this thread why you want it (no sob stories required, just tell us about the project or tank you will use it with)
    3. Have at least one post in your Blog or Build thread

So if something like this:
    par38blu22k-500x500.jpg
    Looks like something you can use, and you like to let people know what you think, this is the opportunity for you. We'll do a randome drawing of qualified entries in 2 weeks or when there are 20 qualified entries, whichever comes first. Want to see more stuff like this, or other stuff, let us know (and tell your friends). Remember, this is your reef!

Entered:
    scotty
    skimmo
    NXT
    Last edited by Herbie; 01-24-2014 at 08:59 PM.

Blog Entries
    Real Name
    scott
    I would like to see what the square design can do in odder shaped tanks Like my corner tank. I'm not in love with the current spread on the classic eBay style light. Also I have a wide range of coral to see what it does. And I need something to bring back something in me to care about the hobby again.

Blog Entries
    Real Name
    Kyle
    Ok I'm in.... Over my Nuvo 8 would be interesting... I'd like to see how bright they really are, some say super bright, some say just right.. I WANT TO KNOW!!!

Wait.. can I even enter... thats kinda not fair... lol

Count me in. I have a 40 gallon breeder running for a year that's about to take on it's first coral. I have 2 Kessil 150w pendants but I can remove one and install this light for a side by side comparison. My tank is 360 degree type setup with no blocked views in a room with good light - so factors like painted/matted backgrounds throwing off PAR meter readings won't affect the test.

EDIT: I'll have to start a build thread, but this is a good time since the tank is mature enough (IMO) to start settling coral. I can go any way with this, SPS, Zoas, LPS, tridacna. Pic your poison and I'll set up.
    Last edited by Skimmo; 01-24-2014 at 12:39 PM.

Real Name
    Nate
    Quote Originally Posted by Skimmo View Post
    Count me in. I have a 40 gallon breeder running for a year that's about to take on it's first coral. I have 2 Kessil 150w pendants but I can remove one and install this light for a side by side comparison. My tank is 360 degree type setup with no blocked views in a room with good light - so factors like painted/matted backgrounds throwing off PAR meter readings won't affect the test.

EDIT: I'll have to start a build thread, but this is a good time since the tank is mature enough (IMO) to start settling coral. I can go any way with this, SPS, Zoas, LPS, tridacna. Pic your poison and I'll set up.
    that sounds like a great testing rig for this, and thanks for supporting the reef!

Real Name
    Nate
    LOL, i guess you guys have pretty good odds so far and this will not be the last opportunity to be a tester on here. We really do want the test equipment we distribute reviewed as effectively possible, but just so no one is staying out because it's unclear, this is really just a give-away. Taunting is about all we can do to MAKE you review it (oh, there will be taunting if you fail to review), but these are a great way to show you guys how much we appreciate your support.

Just popped another dry rock on my tank to level out the 'scape for this test, lottery, give-away, whatever you call it.

Blog Entries
    wish i had room to setup something to get in on this where is everybody at on this?

Blog Entries
    Real Name
    Kyle
    Not really sure, I thought alot more people would like to get in on this.

What is the spread on this? I would l like try this to keep me motivated in the hobby