Aquatica Best Fish Reefwise
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: ID?

ID?

Any idea what this is? I've asked several established reefers and no one is sure.

I had those before it like a clear nem with balls on tip. Not 100% sure what they r called though but mine stung some sps so guessing a nem of some type

Real Name
    Nate
    pretty sure that's a ball or strawberry anemone. I think they are cool. Somewhat mixed review. Can eat fish but I don't think they usually last long enough to get that big.
    Last edited by Herbie; 11-19-2013 at 08:42 PM.

Yeah, it's currently nowhere big enough to eat a fish. Maybe dime sized. Looks cool and tends to hide during daytime when the lights are on. I caught a pic of it because the lights just came back on fully after a cloudy episode with the lighting. Either way, it's cool the stuff that just pops up in a reef tank.

Real Name
    Nate
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBarnacles View Post
    Yeah, it's currently nowhere big enough to eat a fish. Maybe dime sized. Looks cool and tends to hide during daytime when the lights are on. I caught a pic of it because the lights just came back on fully after a cloudy episode with the lighting. Either way, it's cool the stuff that just pops up in a reef tank.
    Yeah I'm sure they would take forever to get that big unless you were force feeding them and I think they're pretty much 50/50 as a keeper if I remember right. LOL, i'll take it if you ever get tired of it. i really love hitchhikers myself. On my big cobbled together system I have a 20t that takes all comers. It'e been sort of a battle royale of various pests, but the diversity is amazing at this point. It's the one on the lower right in this picture, but they're all connected.
    IMG_20131119_234045.jpg
    I guess the whole tank is sort of a home for misfits with the freakishly awesome nems sitting in the top 20g there waiting for @jayjigga to come pick up.