Ascension Aquatics Aquarium Overload SynergyReef
Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Sca 301

Blog Entries

Sca 301

so ive just purchased the sca 301 skimmer gunna be here sometime this week does anyone know the best depth to run this skimmer at thanks

Even with the bubble plate

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    thanks buddy hope it gets here by friday im to eager to get this thing on my tank

Your gonna love it

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Real Name
    Nate
    It's about 7-8 inches but the adjustment tube has a wide range. I still like the little bugger a lot. Just be sure to keep an eye on it when you turn it off and on. I usually turn down the adjustment whenever I turn it off for cleaning. Then dial back up.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbie View Post
    It's about 7-8 inches but the adjustment tube has a wide range. I still like the little bugger a lot. Just be sure to keep an eye on it when you turn it off and on. I usually turn down the adjustment whenever I turn it off for cleaning. Then dial back up.
    where do u set the water level just below the collection cup or lower arrived today and on the tank!!! and how long did it take to break in for u if u remember

Real Name
    Nate
    I have mine set at about an inch above the blue outlet pipe. I have it set at about 3.25 on the adjustment. If your sump is too deep you can make a little egg crate table for it to sit on, but you can probably adjust it down too. It really only took an hour or so to start skimming once on the system. The adjustment is a little finicky, but once it's dialed you can mark it so you can return it to the right position after cleaning. Remember to turn it off if you shut off your return or it can flood the cup. I hope that helps.