Sho Tank Coral Compulsion Wojtek's Reef
Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0
    Blog Entries

little advice please

So my tank looks like hell ive got algae everywhere my nitrates r at bout 10ppm I dont have a po4 test but im assuming my rock is leaching bc I only feed a small amount 1 time a day was think of breaking down and dipping rock in peroxide then cooking rock do u think that would be enough or should I get the acid out and start from scratch

I would take a sample of the water to a LFS to verify your parameters, and get to see phos. What kind of lighting are you using? T-5 and halide will increase algea growth when they are near the end of their life. Otherwise you can tey a 3 day black out, covering the tank so NO light gets in, then weekly water changes double what you do in volume now. If your tank is bare of fish and coral you could go through the hassle of a reboot, but these things can help you prevent that. It has worked for me in the past

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

How old is your tank? It could just be new tank algae bloom cycles

Blog Entries
    thanks guys its 6 mo old after talkin to a few people im gunna ride it out and see what happens skimmo im thinkin the same thing im just to eager to make this tank look awesome and it needs more time