Sho Tank Best Fish
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Real Name
    Grumpy

Contemplating 120g

Like the title states....... I finally found one used and I like the stand. Whether or not I pull the trigger is a different story, to even go look at it is ~2hr drive. It is priced reasonable from all the others I have seen for a tank and stand only. It would take me a little bit to get it up and going since I would have to get the needed equipment that will not switch over from my 75g. The main items needed would be a sump and sand, I have everything else I can transfer over. The only issue to me is a sump, my skimmer is a external recirculating, which takes up real estate in the stand. My current sump (rated for a 75g and very close to the top when pumps shut down) in the stand is 29" long in a 48" long stand area, the remainder of the area is consumed by the skimmer itself and a reactor. The reactor is of no issue, I can move that anywhere. The skimmer obviously is a different story...............so long story short and question that needs to be answered..........what is the minimum length sump/ size that will accommodate the volume of water when the return pump is off. I know it's more expensive, but I'd rather have one that is already assembled, plug and play so to speak. AND NO I am not going to buy a different skimmer, the one I have works for up to 180g aquarium and besides that I like it!!! I am also not willing to take a hit on selling it and end up with not enough money from the sale to purchase another to replace it.

BUY! BUY! BUY! Two hours though? Where is the tank located?

Real Name
    Grumpy
    Quote Originally Posted by trackfast View Post
    BUY! BUY! BUY! Two hours though? Where is the tank located?
    Up by Racine, WI. It's not like I haven't traveled a long distance to purchase something though LOL (Best Fish)

Also: What kind of sand to get is another thing?

There's a guy on eBay that sells aragonite (dry) like $.87/lb and f/s.

Real Name
    Grumpy
    Quote Originally Posted by trackfast View Post
    There's a guy on eBay that sells aragonite (dry) like $.87/lb and f/s.
    Know anybody that has purchased this? I found the seller on Ebay.

Yes, me. I got some from him a few months ago for my nano cube. I'll be getting some more soon for my 20g reboot.

I think I got the white as opposed to the snow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Emisis View Post
    Know anybody that has purchased this? I found the seller on Ebay.
    i also bought from that guy but mine wasnt dry it was wet but to make sure ur talkin bout the same thing here is the link http://www.ebay.com/itm/87-LB-PURE-W...item1c30b95f33

Real Name
    Grumpy
    Quote Originally Posted by gmguy496 View Post
    i also bought from that guy but mine wasnt dry it was wet but to make sure ur talkin bout the same thing here is the link http://www.ebay.com/itm/87-LB-PURE-W...item1c30b95f33
    Yup same one I found GM, although different format. http://www.ebay.com/itm/225-LB-White...item19e62670a2

Is this the same guy you were talking about V ?
    Last edited by Emisis; 12-25-2013 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Because I can

Yes, same guy.