Reefwise Best Fish SynergyReef
Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  5

Question Online Coral Vendors

I'm looking to start a list or quick reference guide for online coral dealers that people have ordered from in the past.

Let me hear what your favorite place(s) are or ones you wouldn't order from and why.

Good selection?
    Good prices?
    Photos were real to life?
    Wysiwyg photos matched what you received?
    Shipping/packaging?
    Good customer service?
    Any freebies?
    Group buys available?

I'm sure everyone would also love to see what you did purchase, so don't be shy with the pix please.

Blog Entries
    Real Name
    Matt
    Battle Corals

One of the best selections of collector SPS at reasonable prices.
    Photos are pretty darn good, obviously there are just some colors that photos cant capture, but you are def getting the pictured coral.
    Have not had an order shipped only pickup.
    Great Service and does group buys

Saltcritters:
    Good place to get cheap frags of lps, I have never bought SPS from him
    Major downside is that it is a chop shop. Regularly does 40% coupons which make brains and scolys a decent deal.
    People have had issues with not getting the WYSIWYG corals.
    Shipping/packing was excellent, customer service is so/so

No one else has any recommendations???

Blog Entries
    Real Name
    Matt
    saltcritters too

Jason Fox

Photos are kinda blah but most people know what they are buying ahead of time.
    You are def paying a premium but its a genuine lineaged coral.
    Shipping packing is great.
    Has some issues with pests (i had bryopsis and bubble algea on my frags)

Blog Entries
    Real Name
    Matt
    Gonzo's Corals

Almost nothing is listed on his website, you need to contact him to order stuff/get an idea what he has(or watch his posts on R2R).
    prices are great, shipping is great, hes a down to earth great guy.

World Wide Corals (WWC)
    Good selection? Their selection is pretty large. They have a pretty good selection of SPS, zoas, and acans, but their specialty is really their chalices. They have some of the nicer colonies around.
    Good prices? I think they have a pretty even range of prices from high end stuff to the stuff everyone can afford. I'm a huge fan of their zoa selection because they never do a per polyp price. You are usually buy mini colonies of pretty nice stuff for less than $10pp if you break out the cost.
    Photos were real to life? Photos are legit.
    Wysiwyg photos matched what you received? Always WYSIWYG
    Shipping/packaging? Probably the best I've seen in terms of quality. I've ordered one frag and gotten it shipped in a huge box with lots of water to make sure it was happy.
    Good customer service? Again super. Lou and Vic are the two main guys and they aim to please.
    Any freebies? Depending on the size of your order.
    Group buys available? No clue.

Cherry Corals
    Good selection? Fantastic SPS and LPS. Acans is what they really excelled in, but I'm not sure if they are still big into acans. Usually have things that aren't on the site if you ask.
    Good prices? I would say this is more of a higher end shop and the prices reflect that. There are deals to be found on sps frags if you are looking closely.
    Photos were real to life? I don't think they take the best photos, but they don't do any crazy touching up so more often than not what you end up getting looks better in person.
    Wysiwyg photos matched what you received? Always
    Shipping/packaging? Great packaging
    Good customer service? Again I believe it is two partners running the shop and they are fantastic to deal with. Todd and Brett
    Any freebies? Again depends on size of order
    Group buys available? Have to ask

Salt Critters
    Good selection? It is a chop shop like mentioned before. You end up getting the flavor of the week depending on what came in.
    Good prices? Prices are on the low side. Lots of $5 and $10 frags.
    Photos were real to life? Photo quality is pretty bad. I think he still takes and all blue shot and an all white shot.
    Wysiwyg photos matched what you received? Early on I ordered a few things from him. Pictures never matched what I got. At one point I ordered a zoa colony and he shipped the wrong item and refused to refund until I took it public. This is a huge complaint on R2R and one of the reasons why he is no longer a sponsor there. If you try to find any reviews you can't because he made them remove his name from all posts. You also can't type his name into their system without it being flagged. Tells you something about his business
    Shipping/packaging? I had a few DOAs, but he did double bag his stuff. I always had foul water in my shipments.
    Good customer service? IMO it was pretty horrible. Straight to the defensive if you question anything
    Any freebies? No clue
    Group buys available?No clue

While I had bad experiences with him and I know others have as well. There are others that love the fact that they can get frags for $5-$10. At that price point a lot of people feel it is worth the risk.

Planet Zoa
    Good selection? probably the biggest Z&P Collection for sale out of anyone
    Good prices? Prices are reasonable.
    Photos were real to life? Good photos and realistic colors
    Wysiwyg photos matched what you received? Always
    Shipping/packaging? I don't want to say he revolutionized the coral shipping business, but it's probably true.
    Good customer service? Fantastic. One man show and he wants customers to come back. Travis is the man
    Any freebies? Yep
    Group buys available? yep

Also have ordered from Gonzo, Reefkoi, Jason Fox, Mr. Coral and I'll write those up later. If you have specific questions let me know

Blog Entries
    Real Name
    Kyle
    PlanetZoa
    HAppyCoral

Blog Entries
    Real Name
    Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by RichieT View Post

Also have ordered from Gonzo, Reefkoi, Jason Fox, Mr. Coral and I'll write those up later. If you have specific questions let me know

LOL i should share my MR. Coral review, I think I am the only person who has had a good experience with him :-P