Sho Tank The Candy Shop
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Hot Administrator / Social Butterfly keishakornbread's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Real Name
    Walt

Yellowstriped Cardinalfish (Ostorhinchus cyanosoma)

Yellowstriped Cardinalfish (Ostorhinchus cyanosoma)

I'm letting go of my seven little Yellowstriped Cardinalfish (Ostorhinchus cyanosoma). They have been great tank mates but I must make room for new additions. These guys are peaceful and lively. They are eating everything frozen as well as pellets. They like to school together and play tag often. I have named them Happy, Dopey, Sneezy, Grumpy, Bashful and Doc. They range in size from 1" to 1.5" long.

Here is a little video of my lil babies. - http://youtu.be/etcftYPPIqQ

Here is some info on them from Live Aquaria:

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/p...31&pcatid=1431

The Yellowstriped Cardinalfish comes from the reefs of Fiji or Indonesia. They have a long slender shape and are an orange/red with gold color. The large black and yellow eye are offset by a black spot near the tail which confuses possible predators which way the fish is facing.

A 10-gallon or larger aquarium with a cave and peaceful tank mates is suitable for this slow and methodical swimmer. It tends to hide in sea grass or other plants, or may use long spined urchins for camouflage. If a larger aquarium is available, it will handle a small group of this species. As a group, they will establish a strict hierarchy without aggressiveness.

The Yellowstriped Cardinalfish requires a well balanced diet of meaty foods such as feeder shrimp, flake foods, pellet foods, marine flesh, bloodworms, and depending on its size, live feeder fish.

Approximate Purchase Size: 1-1/2" to 2-1/2"

List Date: 12/7/2013

--------------------------------------

Last edited by Nxt; 02-28-2014 at 11:43 AM.