SynergyReef Coral Compulsion
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: stocking idea

stocking idea

so After setting up the 120 I had to add a couple new additions. 3 gold stripe cardinals. They are really nice looking fish and have become model citizens right away. Only hid for about 30 minutes when first introduced.

They are a smaller fish like the other 3 residents (seen in the picture above). I went to a 120 so I could have a wider variety of fish including larger ones. Now tho I am thinking about only putting nano fish in the tank and lots of them.

My brother in laws 55 gallon freshwater has 28 fish in it and it's a really active tank and fun to watch.

So I am thinking a lot of smaller fish might be cooler then a couple bigger fish.

Does anyone have a heavily stocked tank with lots of smaller fish?

Hot Administrator / Social Butterfly keishakornbread's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Real Name
    Walt
    I keep smaller fish for this reason. I can keep more of them and I like the way they look when they are schooling.
    Custom Pico Aquarium 45g DT w/Starfire Front & Sides, 12g Custom Advanced Acrylics Sump & Refugium,
    Ecotech Radion Pro G3 LEDs (2 Modules), 2 Ecotech Mp40QD, Tunze ATO, Nyos Quantum 120 Skimmer,
    Ecotech Vectra M1 Return Pump, 200w Eheim Heater,
    JBJ Artica 1/15 Chiller |
    And a whole lot of fabulous!

Quote Originally Posted by keishakornbread View Post
    I keep smaller fish for this reason. I can keep more of them and I like the way they look when they are schooling.
    Yea i always notice all the activity in freshwater tanks and how they are usually more fish and more activity then in reef tanks i've seen. I still think I will do a couple larger fish but majority will be smaller schooling "community" fish.

nice...would love to see a fts...