Aquatica Beefs Reef Reefwise
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Red SeaDragon

Red SeaDragon

I recently purchased a red seadragon to combat my myrionema hydroid infestation. I will use this thread to document his progress. When finished if anyone else has an issue and would like to use him to take care of your tank let me know.
    red seadragon.jpgseadragon.jpg

Hot Administrator / Social Butterfly keishakornbread's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Real Name
    Walt
    That's awesome. That thing is beautiful.
    Custom Pico Aquarium 45g DT w/Starfire Front & Sides, 12g Custom Advanced Acrylics Sump & Refugium,
    Ecotech Radion Pro G3 LEDs (2 Modules), 2 Ecotech Mp40QD, Tunze ATO, Nyos Quantum 120 Skimmer,
    Ecotech Vectra M1 Return Pump, 200w Eheim Heater,
    JBJ Artica 1/15 Chiller |
    And a whole lot of fabulous!

Blog Entries
    Real Name
    Matt
    interesteing was not aware they ate them, did you try the chemical methods like zeospur or a Pterolidia Ianthina? Copperbands are also reported to eat them.

Zeospur did not work. I was using aiptasia X to keep them in check for a long time. Aiptasia X will kill the majority but they always regrow. For natural predators I found I would need a lynx nudi, red seadragon, sea hare, flame angle, bicolor urchin, and copperband. The fish are hit or miss though. The lynx and the seadragon are the ony two on that list that exclusively go after hydroids. Im really hoping this works. He has enough food thats for sure.

Blog Entries
    Real Name
    Matt
    interesting, keep us updated, Like i said i've never heard of these eating them(possibly because they are fairly rare), only Pterolidia Ianthina.

I would love a blue dragon. Forgot to include that in my list. I have been looking for months for that or a lynx with no luck.

The red guy I have now has ate a few patches throughout the tank. Problem is he has only ate a 1x1/1x2" area and moved on. I need him to clear rocks. I'm going to buy a few more and hope together they clear rocks. I haven't seen him in two days. Hoping to grab s pic of him eating.

If anyone knows where to get a blue dragon please let me know.