Sho Tank Beefs Reef SynergyReef
Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  11
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Higgs - grammar police jayjigga's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rako1 View Post
    I was wondering if you were there, I thought I saw you but there was quite the crowd there I think it was the biggest turn out they ever had. My son couldn't make it he just closed on his house he bought and priorites have changed for a while
    Dang!!! He's adulting now!? Crazy! Yeah, it was pretty darn busy there. I only got to hang out a little bit Friday and most of Sunday. Had a blast though and should have a new build thread up soon
    120G...someday...

Frags
    Real Name
    Nicole
    Hey there- got invited to this forum at the aquatic show and was wondering how to get some tank advice...like we recently changed our substrate to sand but my clean-up crew is struggling to keep it clean. How many power heads do you recommend for a 75 gal reef and do they really help keep your sand clean?

Frags
    Real Name
    dave
    Get a orange spot goby or sand sifting starfish to keep the sand clean. There are pros and cons to both. Using flow would create a sand storm in the tank. IMO flow is determined by the corals you want to keep. How many depends on what type you are getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole View Post
    Hey there- got invited to this forum at the aquatic show and was wondering how to get some tank advice...like we recently changed our substrate to sand but my clean-up crew is struggling to keep it clean. How many power heads do you recommend for a 75 gal reef and do they really help keep your sand clean?
    Did you do live sand or dry sand .it maybe just cycling sometimes it lools like crap before it looks good. Glow is definitely important and will help keep clean i ran two rw8 on my 75gal when i had a 75gal one on each side kept sand clean plus i tirkey basterd the sand once a week . Ran that tank 10 yrs and sand always looked super clean
    Last edited by madjoe; 11-12-2017 at 07:06 PM.

Higgs - grammar police jayjigga's Avatar
    Like @madjoe said, you'll have to manually work it to keep it pristine. Sand creatures help, like @dvanlier05 said, but you'll need manual attention if you want to keep it spotless. I would run at least one xf250 gyre or MP40 on a 75G. Depends on the coral, for sure, but I like a lot of flow to keep things suspended and getting into the sump.
    120G...someday...