Wojtek's Reef Out Of The Blue Aquatics
Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  9
    Higgs - grammar police jayjigga's Avatar

Polar Plunge for the Special Olympics - BigKev's Fundraiser

A good friend and fellow reefer, BigKev, is raising funds for a great cause. Chicagoland Reefs has generously donated to a worthy fundraiser, and I'd like love to see some more community reefer support! I at least one other reefer's name on there, and thank you very much.

Let's smash that goal!! Linky below:

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraise...nge-lake-bluff
    120G...someday...

First of all, I would like to say thank you to the Chicagoland Reefs community for the generous donation!!! I truly appreciate your support in raising money for this amazing organization. I gave myself a pretty lofty goal this year and I really hope that I can reach it.

Second, I will extend the same offer that I made elsewhere.... anyone who donates $25 or more will receive a zoa/paly frag from my collection. You will just need to come pick it up. Some of the colonies that I can frag are Scrambled Eggs, Pink Auroras, Sunny D's, Dragon Eyes, Big Kev Palys, Captain Americas, Armor of Gods, Devil's Armor, etc.

Finally, here are some of the pics from this past March... the water was a refreshing 33 degrees...

Last edited by BigKev23; 11-27-2013 at 10:58 AM.

Real Name
    Mark
    How long is the collection going for? I'm strapped until next payday.

The fundraising goes until the day of the plunge, which is March 1st. I just decided I would get an early start this year.

I'm not donating anything until I can get some ULTRA corals from your collection!

Quote Originally Posted by trackfast View Post
    I'm not donating anything until I can get some ULTRA corals from your collection!

LOL Vic.... higher end corals are a possibility for larger donations...

I just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone who supported me this year for the Polar Plunge. Overall, I was able to raise $1,670 for the Illinois Special Olympics. Overall, our Lake Bluff site raised $91,800.

In Lake Bluff, Lake Michigan was too frozen for us to safely do the plunge, so they had us plunge into these pools instead....

Hot Administrator / Social Butterfly keishakornbread's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Real Name
    Walt
    You should have wore all white!!!! Great job!
    Custom Pico Aquarium 45g DT w/Starfire Front & Sides, 12g Custom Advanced Acrylics Sump & Refugium,
    Ecotech Radion Pro G3 LEDs (2 Modules), 2 Ecotech Mp40QD, Tunze ATO, Nyos Quantum 120 Skimmer,
    Ecotech Vectra M1 Return Pump, 200w Eheim Heater,
    JBJ Artica 1/15 Chiller |
    And a whole lot of fabulous!

Blog Entries
    Real Name
    Kyle
    Awesome! That was awesome of you todo